Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 7 HW

Over the last week in Economics, we as a class learned about demand (the willingness and ability to purchase a specific good at all possible prices) through an activity involving how willing the class was to buy chicken nuggets at certain prices. We also learned about the law of demand, which states that as prices increase, the quantity demanded decreases, and vice versa. Then, we went on to create the demand curve, which shows the quantity demanded at every possible price. We talked about the determinants of demand and how they affect both demand and the demand curve. On Finance Friday, we leaned about stocks, how they work, why they work, and why companies invest in stocks.

One example of goods that are complementary are potatoes (A) and salt/butter (B. We'll use butter for this example). One example of goods that are substitutes are Fruity Pebbles (C) and Dyno Bites (D). If the price of Potatoes increases, the demand for both potatoes and butter would decrease. If the price of Fruity Pebbles increased, the demand of Dyno Bites would also increase.

If I had one child of my own, I'd name that child either Charlotte, Scarlet, or Gwendolyn for a girl, and either Tyler, Sean/Shaun/Shawn, or Elliot for a boy. Those are some of my favorite names. I love the longer classic type of names for girls and shorter names for guys. Also, I'm a bit of a writer, so I tend to look up names quite frequently, and those are ones I often resort to.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the girl names you chose; beautiful.

    20/20
    Martinez

    ReplyDelete